Technology is advancing very quickly now, but artificial intelligence still needs human help and direct influence to be successful. This is accomplished in various ways, including helping with data labeling. This is used in any field with artificial intelligence because it allows it to work more flexibly and stably. The wired role in this is played primarily by human manual labeling, which provides the best performance of artificial intelligence.
5 Types of Data Labeling Done by Data Annotation Specialists
There are many types of human manual labeling activities. These are activities that humans do to make automated processes work better. Each of these types has its own purpose and methods of work.
Natural Language Processing
This field allows computers to understand human speech. It combines language proficiency with artificial intelligence and automated processes, and its main goal is for computers to understand human words. The task of a human being is to teach the computer a language. This process is done manually, which means that a person enters individual words or phrases into the system by himself.
It is also a human task to tag photos and images. A person marks the key points and details of an image that make it recognizable, as well as outlines the scope of the image. Thus data annotation computer vision allows a computer to recognize items from photos. This type is often used by various online stores and search engines that allow you to find a photo of an item of the same type.
In this step, the human task is to train the computer to recognize sounds. Human speech, traffic noise, animal sounds, and alarms are all processed and structured. This is done manually and often preemptively transformed into text for better training. Tagging and categorization are used to recognize sounds. Already from this, the computer starts to recognize sounds even if they are not in its database.
An important part of AI training is also training for image recognition. This allows, for example, autopilot machines to determine which object is in front of them. Specialists use a number of different methods to achieve this effect, such as 3D cuboids or line annotation.
As the name implies, this type allows the AI to determine the pose a person is in. The technician marks key points of a person’s body position, and the AI correlates these points and determines the pose the person is in. It is also important that without human intervention, the computer cannot determine the exact coordinates of the body’s position in space.
How Does AI-assisted Data Labeling Work
It is also important to understand how the manual data labeling process itself takes place. As an example, let’s take the medical field, where AI-assisted data labeling is actively used. The task of the computer is to determine which human organs are affected or what is in the wound. Using X-rays, it takes an image in which it calculates objects that might be in the wound – metal, glass, wood, and so on. This data is then sent to specialists who analyze it and, if necessary, make adjustments.
But that’s not the only way data labelers can be of services. Some of the tagging functions, such as manual annotation of images, are used in commerce or in creating cars with autopilot functionality. The labor-intensive manual annotation thus makes it possible not only to find the right products but also to avoid accidents.
The Skills and Responsibilities of a Good Data Labeling Specialist
For a data labeling specialist working in the field of ai-assisted data annotation, it is necessary to have a number of competencies and skills that allow him to qualitatively train ML models. First of all, they need to have experience in labeling. This is an obvious but important fact. Even if a person knows how to write perfect code, he might be absolutely useless for the project if he does not understand anything about training.
Understanding types of manual data labeling techniques is also extremely needed. As mentioned above, there are many manual labeling techniques. And professionals never limit themselves to any one technique, using several for more effective results. In case one technique is not suitable, the specialist should start using another without difficulty. Therefore, an understanding of the details and the ability to work with large instructions is also important.
Benefits Of Hiring a Dedicated Data Labeler
There are a number of advantages to hiring an expert for manual labeling, without which the process of product creation and AI training itself is difficult, and often not possible at all.
- More accurate work. As good as AI products are, it is still an automated process that requires human intervention and control.
- Fast payback. Despite the fact that hiring a person to work with a text classifier, for example, is not cheap, the client receives a quality product that will pay back the money very quickly.
- Working on complex tasks. Unlike humans, the AI can often fail to cope with tasks due to the lack of proper learning algorithms.
- Technical solutions. If the AI fails, a specialist will find a way to solve the problem without spoiling the project itself.
- Rich experience. It is through experience that one knows how to solve a particular problem. The AI, on the other hand, cannot do this because it is simply a computer and automated processes that are capable of learning.
Mobilunity-BPO Is Your Trusted Business Partner
Companies that need a specialist in the field of manual labeling are faced with the task of finding such an expert. And the best option is to turn to specialists with extensive experience in finding such employees, namely Mobilunity-BPO, who has extensive experience in the field of data annotation. The company has been operating for over 10 years and has partners in many countries. Its customers are Qrates from Japan, 360 Living from Great Britain, Codename from France, and lots of others. This provides Mobilunity-BPO with great knowledge and experience, which lets them do their work in the sphere of manual annotation at a high level. The company will help you find specialists for expert data manual labeling, who will quickly and accurately perform their work for an affordable fee.
Our Manual Data Annotation Services
We offer our clients flexible services that are the key to a successful outcome. Depending on the project size, its duration and type of involvement expected, we’ve developed 3 key service lines.
3 Main Cooperation Models We Can Offer You
- Managed Team of Labelers (for small projects or projects with short deadlines and dedicated budgets). You can entrust the work on the labeling project to our specialists, who will work together on your task and complete it in the established terms.
- Part-Time Dedicated Labeler (for projects with specific fixed terms or instructions). You can hire a part-time labeling specialist who will learn your ML model and work on your project for a set amount of time. This model works best if your project has specific instructions and involves hourly pay.
- Full-Time Dedicated Labeler (for long-term projects). You can hire a labeling expert full-time. In this case he would become a part of your team so he will learn your ML more effectively. The specialist will be fully immersed in the project and will receive a monthly payment.